The goal of the Topic Talks survey was to get a sense of who has been attending past Topic Talks, barriers to attending, and most importantly: themes for future talks.
The suggested topics have been organized into broader discussion topics and added the Topic Talks page as future topics.
The survey received 16 responses and the results are shown below:
Topics for future talks included:
- Prioritizing during COVID-19
- Collection development in times of shrinking storage and budgets
- Budgets: budget transparency, budget freezes, communicating acquisition challenges to patrons
- Increasing use of electronic resources in libraries – how collection development can adapt
- Collection development and Open Educational Resources
- Publishers: how to encourage more art publications and provide greater access to online resources
- Ebooks and E-content: specialized subject collecting in art, architecture, design, studio arts
- Collaborative collection development and deaccessioning
- Collaboration and tools to make art libraries more cooperative and less redundant
- Deaccessioning and weeding
- Approval plans
Thank you to all who participated in the survey!